Friday 27 January 2017

Hello World... It's Been A While

Years in fact!

Writing is a fickle muse though. Whether it's a blog , a novel, or even a journal; very few people write consistently. There are breaks and blocks, and it's all par for the course. Even when the fire burns dim however, the spark is never lost; and a writer is always a writer. They just need inspiration.

Mine came from a random Google search. In truth, I can't even remember what I was Googling, but what I found was to set in motion a chain of events that would lead me here. Now.

I found.. The 10 by 10 challenge (I bet you thought it was Jesus with the melodrama I cooked up there).

Whilst I can't find the original blog, or the original post that inspired me (if you know where I can find it, I'd love to give credit); I do remember the gist. It was a discussion around what the author described as "The Cult of the New", which I also consider myself a fully paid up member of, and how they were going to use the challenge to tackle the mountain of games that they'd bought but were yet to play.

I also remember thinking that this would make for some pretty solid blogging content.

When I made the discovery however, it was September 2016, which left little in the way of time to pick up the gauntlet. It did however give me plenty of time to plan ahead for 2017.. And here we are!

It was also only the beginning!

Since I last blogged anything in 2013, a lot has changed. I've learned new things, my lifestyle has changed, and so has my outlook on life. So, I've decided to give this blog a wider scope than my previous efforts. Instead of just talking about Tunnels & Trolls, and the occasional boardgame; I'll be taking the opportunity to share the things I've learned, and to my share my life with you all.

So in addition to the Tunnels & Trolls content (because it wouldn't be me without it), I'll also be blogging about..

  • My Life - People say "write about what you know", so inversely maybe through writing I'll get to know myself better.. Plus you wouldn't believe some of the weird and wonderful things that happen around me day to day.
  • The 10 x 10 Challenge - I'm really looking forward to this, as I have a LOT of games that I'm just itching to break out.
  •  Better Living - Diet, lifestyle, and anything else that falls into the remit of making life, well better!
  • Techy Stuff - I've learned a lot about technical stuff in the past couple of years. Some on the job, some at my leisure; but all of it useful. So, it'll be good to pay some of that forward. For those of you wondering if it'll be for you though, the general areas covered will be Gamemaker and Doom modding (the original game, not the 2016 reboot).
  • Movies and TV - I did a stock take the other day, and found that I had 265 unwatched DVD's.. So I'm sure I'll be writing about those too.
  • Random Stuff - Never limit yourself! So expect the unexpected, and the unknown unknowns.
Well, I'm sure you'll agree that's more than enough to be getting on with, and I still have a few tweaks I need to make to the blog before the day is through. Stay tuned, and if any of this sounds like your cup of tea why not follow this blog? (or bookmark it if you're not a blogger yourself). I hope to see you in the future.


No comments:

Post a Comment