Monday 30 January 2017

10 x 10 Challenge #5: One Last Barrier To Overcome

Truth be told, it's been a while since I actually got around to any gaming that couldn't be done on the coffee table.. Long enough for my actual gaming table to be invaded by paperwork, half-painted mini's, a computer and an airship! Seriously, there is an airship on my gaming table as I type.

Yup! My gaming table has been pulling double duty.  Part desk, part dumping ground. Something that I find happens all too often if I leave any surface in my house unattended for any period of time.

Oh, and there are boxes in front of that. Boxes that I swear are breeding like rabbits; as I have no idea how it went from a couple to a horde. Do boxes breed?

So the final barrier between me and beginning the challenge is quite literally a physical barrier; made of boxes and clutter that I need to clear. Which really needs to be done sooner than later.

As I type this however, a curious idea has crossed my mind. Before I clear the desk, and the surrounding area; why not make a random table out of the clutter? A random, random table.. Because it's usefulness is questionable at best.

So here we are, D30 things found on a cluttered gamer's desk:


D30
Item
1
A Lego model of a galleon
2
A model of an airship
3
A half eaten Packet of energy sweets
4
1D30 assorted plastic clips
5
Receipts for electronic goods
6
The box for an old mobile phone, containing 1D6 different colored fascias
7
The Cardboard Wars trophy for “Most Violent”
8
A cheap pair of headphones, with black skulls for ear-pieces
9
A pile of arms for Warhammer 40,000 miniatures
10
A lilac tin full of unpainted miniatures
11
Empty plastic packaging
12
1D4 World of Warcraft models
13
1D6 damaged Legion of the Damned models
14
A small model of a troll in an oversized helmet, clutching a sword
15
A mostly empty bottle of aftershave
16
A feather
17
An old bus pass, missing the ID photo
18
A pen, branded with the logo of a utility supplier
19
A tub of sweets
20
1D10 base-coated Termagaunts
21
A monitor
22
A keyboard
23
A disconnected mouse
24
A USB drive in the style of an eggplant
25
A black leather chain wallet, embellished with the Umbrella logo
26
1D20 fully painted pieces of terrain
27
A small box containing the 7.5 edition rules for Tunnels & Trolls
28
A small plastic tiger
29
1D6 mostly blank DVD’s
30
A small black suede pouch, containing 1D10 magnetized hematite crystals

There were a few more things, but those are the "highlights".

I'd sure be interested to see if anyone makes any use of the above table.. As I'll only be able to make use of mine once I've cleared it of most of the above!

No comments:

Post a Comment